Mark Roemer Looks at The Best Time for Fashion Bloggers to Post on Instagram
There is no ‘best’ time to post on Instagram. Most of it depends on your account and audience. Every Instagram account is unique and posing time usually varies according to regions. It is crucial to find your personalized schedule and stick to it. Commonly, it’s around peak time such as 6 am, 10 am, and 10 pm on weekdays and around the 8 am and 4 pm mark during weekends. Once again, the time varies, and you must research the preferred period in the region. Mark Roemer has a few tips to help you choose the perfect time. Let’s read them below.
- Track the Activity of your Followers- Instagram has its own analytical tool to help you track the activity of your followers. The best thing you can do is to look through your timeline and find out the peak moments with the highest activity.
You’ll need to sign up for an Instagram Creator profile or a Business Profile to gain access to the inbuilt tool. The tool sorts users based on their age, gender, location, languages, and other metrics. You can later use these metrics to optimize your upload times and maximize your traffic.
- Measure your Progress by Experimenting with Upload Times- The best way to track your progress is to maintain a worksheet. You can begin by choosing 5 to 7 different time intervals throughout the day and track users’ activity during those times.
For instance, you can track the total number of user activity between the ages of 25-35 at 8 pm. Repeat this form 5-6 other intervals and you’ll develop an idea regarding the peak times and show your products accordingly.
- Regular and Timely Uploads- Instagram recently updated their algorithm to give preference to newly added content. However, you shouldn’t confuse this with the chronological feed. The algorithm takes into consideration several factors. One of which is not to bump older content frequently, thereby, compelling users to post more often. But posting throughout the day won’t do you any good. The best way to go about this is to maintain a timely schedule.
- Segregate your Niche- Every niche industry comes with its own upload times. For instance, travel and tourism industries usually peak during Fridays between 9 am to 1 pm.
Similarly, in the case of personal care and fashion items, the peak time between 1 pm to 3 pm on Thursdays and Fridays. Fashion is an umbrella term that houses various niches. You may showcase apparel, jewelry, wearables, carry-ons, etc. Each niche caters to a specific group, and contents need to be uploaded accordingly.
- Off Work hours Trumps Uploading During the Day- People are more likely to watch your content when they’re off duty rather than throughout the day. If you don’t have access to advanced analytics, you can begin by uploading during off-work hours. This is a significant increase in the likelihood of your content being read or watched by your target customers.
Choosing the perfect upload time is the crucial difference that could determine the growth or decline of your channel. Hopefully, these tips provided by Mark Roemer will help you create the perfect upload schedule for your content.